Hello fellow Dartisans! Welcome to the second issue of This Week in Dart! This Week in Dart's aim is to be a useful collection of changes and news from across the Dart ecosystem and its surrounding community.
To contribute to this and future issues, feel free to contribute on GitHub or suggest content for next week on GitHub discussions.
To discuss this week's issue, feel free to join us on the Unofficial Dart Community Discord in the
This was an especially busy week for Dart as Google I/O was this past week, May 11-12, available to stream online.
This year saw a lot of exciting content and announcements for developers using Google products or services, including Dart 2.17 and Flutter 3.
To catch up on the Dart and Flutter announcements and learning materials, see the Flutter page on the Google I/O 2022 site.
- Dart 2.17: Productivity and integration
- Introducing Flutter 3
- What’s new in Flutter 3
- Announcing the Flutter Casual Games Toolkit
- Filip reacts to Flutter 3 announcements at I/O
- Let's Welcome Flutter 3.0 & Dart 2.17! Overview of new features!
- Flutter Concurrency: When, why, and how to multithread in Flutter
- Learn Dart Programming (by Codemy)
- Enum Members in Dart 2.17
Project releases and updates
- package:powerd6 was released
A collection of models to support the powerd6 ruleset.
- package:eclass_api was released
A client for the Open eClass Platform mobile API.
- package:chalkdart was released
Console text coloring and styling library for Dart.
- package:curie was released
Dart implementation of the W3C CURIE Syntax 1.0.
- package:snapd v0.2.0 was released
Provides a client to access snapd, which allows you to manage, search and install snaps on a Linux system.
Dart SDK updates
31 unique authors have contributed 99 commits to the Dart SDK in the past week.
The following are some handpicked, interesting changes:
- Hint.UNUSED_RESULT to handle callable instances
- [analysis_server] Improve performance of LSP textDocument/codeActions with no range
- [vm/simd] Add Float64x2 clamp simd implementation
- [dart2wasm] Build platform dill and compile dart2wasm to AOT snapshots
- [analysis_server] Switch to LSP v3.17 spec + regenerate types
- [vm, compiler] Shorter LoadImmediate sequences for RV64
- [vm/ffi] Support late Finalizable variables
Keep in mind, none of these changes are guaranteed to eventually land in a stable release.
Package of the week
The package of the week is rohd!
The Rapid Open Hardware Development (ROHD) framework is a framework by Intel for describing and verifying hardware in the Dart programming language. ROHD enables you to build and traverse a graph of connectivity between module objects using unrestricted software.
Dart's package ecosystem is growing fast, and we want to help foster that growth. If you know of any great open source projects, let us know by suggesting a package on GitHub discussions.
Find an event near you or online and connect with other Dart developers!
Always be sure to check the Flutter Meetup Network and the Dart Language tag on Meetup for more events as well.
Let us know about other future events on the events discussion board.
- Flutter Nordics Meetup - Google IO Special | 2022-05-17
A recap of what happened at Google IO '22 and highlight the updates for Flutter.
- Flutter Stockholm - Building games with Flutter and Flame | Stockholm, SE | 2022-05-18
This time, they will have two great speakers: Lukas Klingsbo from Flame, who will show how to build games with Flutter, and Edward Patel, who will talk about hooking up Flutter with Bluetooth and Arduino.
- Dutch Flutter Meetup - Localization | Enschede, NL | 2022-05-19
Discussion about localization in your Flutter app, helping you prepare to take your application to go global.
Quotes and notes
Share quotes and comments you see and hear about Dart on our quotes discussion board for future inclusion!
The following are some jobs that will provide you the opportunity to use or even build Dart.
If you know of any jobs which use or are related to Dart, let us know in the Job postings for Dart discussion board.
- The Dart and Flutter teams have job openings across a wide variety of roles. See Flutter and Dart team job openings for more information.